Library / Information Resource Center
The mission of the SSO Information Resource Center is to provide access to high-quality, reliable information resources and research services, which are intended to add value to the missions of tenant organizations. Although paywalls prevent the direct access to this information for users without a paid subscription, the IRC offers this access at no cost to tenant offices.
- Library Publication and Discount Program (BNA, E&E, National Journal,Yellow Books, etc.)
- Scholarly journal and news articles from the IRC's research databases, including Bloomberg Government.
- Online access to CQ, BNA, Environment & Energy Daily, Bloomberg Government, and Yellow Books
- Daily e-mail delivery program
- Information, research, and reference assistance for print and digital resources
Email Delivery Program:
- Health Care
- Homeland Security
- Technology and Telecommunications
Publications (e-format and print):
- CQ News, Health Beat, Homeland Security, House Action Reports, Senate Watch, CRS Reports (1993-present), HotDocs, CQ Weekly Report
- Daily Report for Executives
- Environment&Energy Daily/Climatewire/Energywire/Greenwire Climate Wire
- National Journal: all products
- State Yellow Books
- Bloomberg Government alerts
- Bureau of National Affairs (BNA) Daily Report for Executives, Daily Environment Report, and Transportation Watch
Online Searches & Services:
- Bloomberg Government Access
- Simple and complex searches
- News documents
- Legal documents
- Reference service
Tenant organizations have access to all library facilities and services between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:30 pm Monday through Friday.
SSO promotes the ethical use of information resources and library materials, within the guidelines of the licensing agreements with vendors and copyright law. As access to information is constantly evolving, the IRC strives to offer the best resources, tools, and guidance to tenants.
Pricing and Availability:
Most general reference books may be checked out from the library for one full working day and should be returned by the close of business on the day they are borrowed. The loan period for non-reference books is one week. SSO tenants have access to all library resources in electronic format and databases. Current issues of journals and magazines do not circulate and must remain in the library.
Loan period for selected high-use titles including National Journal Daily, CQ Weekly, and all newspapers is 15 minutes. Each borrower must sign out all books, newspapers or other items by using the sign-out sheet located in the library. The borrower is responsible for recording his or her name, office name, suite number, and date of loan. Borrowers are responsible for clearing their names from the circulation records.